POSITION: Instructor/Data Analyst (Full-Time)
BACKGROUND: Instructors provide direct instruction to young learners with autism using the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA), as well as programming and curriculum design under BCBA oversight.
REQUIREMENTS: Instructors provide direct instruction to young learners with autism using the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA), as well as programming and curriculum design under BCBA oversight.
RESPONSIBILITIES: All Instructors are required to possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates who are currently certified as BCaBA or RBT as recognized by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, and/or pursuing a credential of BCBA, BCaBA, or RBT as recognized by the BACB® are preferred, but not required for consideration. A driver’s license (or the ability to travel on a consistent basis to a location outside of SEARCH for transition programming and/or home visits) is also required.
- Clinical Instruction
- Provide in-session instruction to assigned learners
- Demonstrate competence and knowledge in all implemented programs
- Collect data on skill acquisition and behavior reduction programs using outlined measurement procedures
- Undergo direct supervision weekly (at minimum)
- Data Analysis
- Create and maintain individualized student curricula
- Maintain skill acquisition and behavior reduction programming
- Write individualized skill acquisition programs (e.g., teaching procedures, response definitions)
- Design instructional units, teaching procedures, data collection systems with BCBA oversight (including generating ideas for programming)
- Report mastered and stagnant programs to Team Leader via written lists
- Maintain assigned learner’s data notebook
- Generate assigned learner’s progress report once per trimeste
- Parent Involvement
- Conduct in-session instruction during parent observations
- Conduct parent training sessions at SEARCH (e.g., identify goals, teaching procedures, data collection systems)
- Conduct home programming parent training sessions
- Home visits will take place after 2:30 PM minimally two hours per month
- Salaried position (commensurate with experience)
- Benefits and retirement packages available (including paid time off)
- Crisis Management Training and CPR certification provided on a yearly basis
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Supervision provided 3-5 hours per week by BCBA (on-site at all times), including to BCBA, BCaBA, and RBT candidates